Delivery Director - Italy
Delivery Director - Italy
Just Eat Italy operates with almost 10,000 restaurant partners. The majority of these restaurants deliver food to customers using their own delivery drivers.
However, a significant and growing subset rely on external logistic (delivery riders) to deliver their food to our customers.
We are keen to further expand choice for Just Eat customers offering delivery services to restaurants who lack their own delivery capacity. To do this, we work with different third-party delivery partners who, through their delivery riders, bring thousands of orders to Just Eat consumers.
Reporting to the Country Manager, the Delivery Director will be responsible for:
- Define the country overall delivery (logistic services) strategy and its implementation
- Manage the outsourced logistics companies which provide delivery riders to Just Eat
- Monitor the operational KPI to ensure excellent service quality and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Just Eat group and international partners to ensure local strategy fits with the overall group initiatives
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain a delivery services strategy and business plan
- Build a local country delivery team to manage logistic services
- Sourcing and selecting the best local delivery partners
- Measure performance of partners in a consistent and effective way
- Drive operating efficiency and improve profit margins of delivery partnerships
- Enforce a consistent commercial and contractual framework with the delivery partners
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure they have the right support and information
- Work with the international Just Eat technology and logistic teams
Skills required for the role:
- Strong academic background
- English fluent both written and spoken
- 10+ years experience in a relevant position
- Proven problem solving skills and strategic acumen
- Familiar with managing data and complex spreadsheets
- Ability to create effective and solid presentations
- Understanding of digital products and technology
- Experience managing and nurturing relationships with partners
- Credibility to influence and work effectively with D-level stakeholders
Required skills and experience
Additional skills that would be desirable:
- Expertise in fast-moving logistics, ideally of perishable products
- Prior knowledge of food or restaurant sector
- Experience in an e-commerce environment
- Exposure to delivery software solutions
- Efficient, driven work ethic
- Passionate about Just Eat and our purpose
- Proactive can do and positive attitude
- People management and communication skills
- Instinctively puts the needs of the company first
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and in multinational organizations
Just Eat is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information about Equal Opportunity in the Workplace please click here.
Just Eat is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to complete the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Why work for JUST EAT?
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%. Just Eat is the clear global leader in the online takeaway ordering sector – processing millions of orders across the globe, with a clear #1 position in all of these.
We have achieved this by building a growing network of tens of thousands of restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.