Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Electrification Smart Buildings
ABB is the world-leading provider of smarter home, smarter building and intelligent community solutions with a pragmatic and innovative spirit as well as total contribution to social and environmental responsibility and sustainability. Our solutions bringing the future to you, today.
We are offering a seasoned leader the chance to apply her/his demonstrable leadership skills in procurement within a fast-paced and highly successful business environment.
As a Global Procurement Manager – EMS & Footprint, you will be responsible for leading and executing procurement activities and projects related to our manufacturing strategy. A key element in the context of this role is our global manufacturing footprint revision and optimization, ensuring that we reach the optimal design of our production and logistics networks.
Do your credentials include an international track record in a leadership role within the industrial sector? Are you keen to embrace a challenge that offers ample scope for career advancement? Seize this outstanding opportunity and be part of our journey!
- Contributes to definition, implementation, and execution of the procurement strategy related to footprint optimization and cooperation with external suppliers, in particular Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS);
- Determines annual targets and scorecards related to project execution and implementation;
- Ensures long-term planning as well as frequent monitoring of results and achievements and encourages continuous improvement;
- Indemnifies continuously optimized procurement processes and the selection of competitive suppliers. Acts in tight cooperation with the global category network as well as with key functions outside Procurement, e.g. Engineering and Quality;
- Responsible for the development of long term partnerships and co-operations with suppliers to leverage supplier innovation and design capabilities. Leads negotiations with suppliers and supplier partners specific to the implementation of the footprint strategy. Participates in negotiation with wider suppliers and other ABB Business Units;
- Leads the planning and the execution of procurement activities within projects in order to ensure the achievement of project objectives in terms of cost/budget, schedule and quality. Ensure project staffing and resources are adequately balanced and prioritized;
- Implements ABB standards on sustainability and business ethics as well as the Supplier Code of Conduct within the supply base;
- Ensures with HRManager support that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee. Manages the succession planning. Responsible for talent management processes regionally.
- Masters’ Degree in Business, Engineering, or other relevant coursework;
- Extensive leadership experience in an industrial context;
- Experience in areas related to procurement, manufacturing and external supply chains;
- Experience in leading complex projects in a large, global matrix organizations;
- Experience with diverse/broad application and development of digital tools to improve a business;
- Deep understanding of manufacturing units and processes in order to analyze and foresee potential financial/capability issues impacting the business and people decisions;
- Ability to handle ambiguous and diverse responsibilities. Experience in engaging with stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization in order to gain approval on strategic plans and directions;
- High comfort level in leading change in a fast-paced environment and ability to meet multiple deadlines;
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SAP;
- Fluent written and spoken English language skills;
- Six Sigma training and experience;
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills.